Free InterNachi Home Energy Report with every home inspection
The InterNachi energy report is only available during home inspections. No home inspection? No problem. We offer certified Department of Energy Home Energy Scores.
Your home energy report can be done during the time of your home inspection and at no cost to you if done during a home inspection. This score will rate the homes energy efficiency based a variety of measurements and inspections that are upload into a InterNachi program that calculates the report. You will receive your report and recommendations on how to improve your homes energy efficiency.
Certified Department of Energy 'Home Energy Score'
Certified Home Energy Score Assessor.
Official Home Energy Score
As it is our business to help our clients understand their homes, Pro-InspecTek is proud to offer Certified Home Energy Score assessments!
Features of the Home Energy Score
An energy efficiency score based on the home's envelope (foundation, roof, walls, insulation, windows) and heating, cooling, and hot water systems
A total energy use estimate, as well as estimates by fuel type assuming standard operating conditions and occupant behavior
Recommendations for cost-effective improvements and associated annual cost savings estimates
A "Score with Improvements" reflecting the home's expected score if cost-effective improvements are implemented
Home Energy Score
Benefits of the Home Energy Score:
• Quicker and cheaper than a full energy audit
• 1 hour or less, and about 25% the cost of a comprehensive audit
• Allows homeowners to learn home energy performance and recommendations
• Allows homebuyers to compare a home’s energy performance before investing
• Scores homes throughout the U.S. on a nationally comparable scale
• The Scoring Tool accounts for the local climate when calculating the ranking by using local weather station data determined by the home’s zip code
Consultation covers the full report with our clients and how to use this report to become more energy efficient.
The Home Energy Score Report includes:
1. The Score: Rating on 1-10 scale based on estimated energy use (10 being most efficient)
• Current score is based on assessment data
• Score with improvements is based on recommendations
• Estimated annual utility costs for today, and after improvements
2. Home Facts: Lists data collected and energy use calculations
• Basic information about the home and its components and energy systems
• Estimated total annual energy use in MBtus (million British thermal units)
• Estimated annual energy use based on source type (in relevant units per source)
3. Recommendations: Home improvements for reducing energy use and improving efficiency
• Recommendations for lowering energy use quickly (“Repair Now”)
• Recommendations to replace equipment in the future (“Replace Later”)
• Estimated annual utility savings from each recommended improvement
Whether you are buying, selling or updating your home, this report will help you understand the homes energy efficiency.
Home energy score is a rating on a 1-10 scale on estimated energy use (with 10 being the most efficient).
The report generates your score and home facts, along with recommendations for and about your home.